Ann Gabriel | Vigorbuddy
Did you know that the primary cause behind pimple problems are due to the excess sebum secretion in our oil glands? Pimples usually appear on our faces, necks, back and shoulders. Although this is not something critical to deal with, pimples can make us feel miserable due to its red, bulging appearance on the skin.
A lot of pimple remedies are available in the market. However, over the counter solutions usually take a lot of time before it totally gets rid of pimples. There are still a lot of natural methods that we haven’t considered, and are highly effective when treating pimples.
Here are five home remedies which you could use to treat unwanted pimples.
Aside from being used as a juice and as ingredient to a lot of dishes, this rich in Vitamin C fruit is a quick way of getting rid of pimples. Be sure to use fresh lemon juice as bottled juice alternatives might contain preservatives which is not good when applied to your skin.
- Use a clean cotton swab and dip it in fresh lemon juice. Apply it to your pimples before you go to sleep at night.
- Mix one tablesspoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and leave it on your pimples overnight. Wash the skin treated area with tap water.
Note: Not good for people with sensitive skin.
Ice has been widely used in the field of medicine to reduce swelling. For pimples, ice can be used to reduce the redness and inflammation of pimples. The cold temperature of ice helps in blood circulation, tightening skin pores and removing dirt and oil that accumulates on our skin.
- Put the ice in a piece of cloth and hold it on pimples for a few seconds.
- Remove and wait a few minutes before repeating the process.
Steam works best in opening skin pores, allowing your skin to breathe. Excessive oil, dirt and bacteria is removed when skin is exposed to steam.
- Fill a basin with hot water.
- Get a large towel and completely cover the back of your head with it.
- Allow the steam to come in contact with your face for a few minutes.
- Rinse your face with tap water.
- Dry it and apply moisturizer.
Aside from its use of adding flavor to meat dishes, garlic acts as an antiviral, anti-fungal, antiseptic and antioxidant agent that can help in the fast treatment of pimples. The sulfur is responsible in quick healing of pimples.
- Cut a fresh garlic clove into two pieces and rub in on pimple afflicted skin.
- Leave the garlic rub on for five minutes before washing the skin with water.
- Repeat the treatment several times a day.
Garlic is highly effective in cleansing the blood.
Baking soda is also an exfoliating skin remedy that removes excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with some water or lemon juice, until it becomes a thick paste.
- Wash your skin well.
- Apply the paste on the affected areas and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Wash your face immediately with warm water after a few minutes. Don’t allow baking soda to dry on your skin as this may cause dryness and skin irritation.