9 Ways to Get Rid of Pimples Naturally
By: Ana Margarita A. Olar| Vigorbuddy.com
One of our nightmares, especially for teenagers, is when you have an important event (parties, a ball, or a date) is having a pimple breakout on that day. Trash those chemical face products and try these natural means to get rid of those terrible pimples:
1. Ice. Applying ice on a pimple reduces redness, swelling, or inflammation tightens pores to prevent build-up of dirt and oil. Use ice cubes or crushed ice to the affected area.
2. Steam therapy. Opens pores and flushes away accumulated oil and dirt. Do this by boiling a pot of water, and then pour it into a large bowl. Place your face directly above the bowl, cover with a towel to enclose the steam. You can proceed with ice therapy afterwards to close the pores.
3. Apply apple cider vinegar. This compound helps you get rid of the bacteria that cause pimples. Once it is applied, it becomes alkaline, balancing the pH of the skin, making your skin unsuitable for bacterial growth. To apply, use a cotton ball, dip on vinegar and apply on the face. Since vinegar has a tendency to make your face dry, make sure to apply moisturizer afterwards.
4. Sodium Bicarbonate. Also known as the baking soda, has many beneficial effects when it comes to fighting and preventing acne breakouts:
• Fight off fungus and bacteria.
• Dries up excess oil on the skin.
• Exfoliates skin through microdermabrasion.
5. Dab with lemon juice or apply orange peel paste. These citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which nourishes the skin and acts as an exfoliant as well. These also act as an astringent that causes contraction of skin tissues so a pimple dries out. Just like with any other astringent, avoid exposure to the sun when using these remedies.
6. Apply whipped egg whites. This mask is loaded with protein that reduces the acne and contributes to skin repairs against acne marks. It also absorbs excess oil that causes pimples.
7. Oatmeal. It reduces pimple inflammations and also helps to fade away the redness that accompanies a pimple break out.
8. Papaya is widely used in skin care products on the market. Plain raw papaya exfoliates dead skin cells and removes excess oil from the surface of the skin. Moreover, papaya contains an enzyme called papain that reduces inflammation and prevents pus formation on pimples.
9. Tea facial wash. The EGCG content of tea has an anti-inflammatory effect on pimples. It also reduces oil production and bacterial growth, especially on acne or a pimple prone skin.
These natural remedies combined with patience, good personal hygiene, enough rest, and a healthy diet will help you to achieve that pimple free and healthy skin you’ve always dreamed about.
Photo via http://dmarkbeauty.com/