5 Things You Should Do Before Going To Bed
Patricia Aleckzandra | Vigorbuddy
After a long day of work and aiming to be successful, we all just want to lay down on our comfy beds and drift to sleep. Sleep is the body’s way of regenerating and re-powering our cells so it could function well the next day. What you do before going to bed determines your energy and mood the following morning. It can tell how well and how much sleep you had. Thus, making your bedtime ritual very important for your activities the next day. Here are five things you can do for a better evening ritual.
- Walk. A short walk can help you distress and disconnect with your work. You can also use that evening walk to think about your day and more important thing in life. Not only that but it also can help you sleep better contradicting to our belief that exercising at night will prevent you from sleeping. Also, a lot of researches have shown that walking can reduce both stress and anxiety.
- Read. With a real book and not with your iPad, or whatever digital device you have. Reading before going to bed can help you sleep faster even if you are just reading for six brief minutes. A study done by the University of Sussex says that reading before sleeping can help reduce stress by 68%. This is also an opportunity to generate great ideas and get inspiration from your readings.
- Unplug. Get away from all the hustle and bustle of social media. Avoid checking e-mails or browsing on the internet before going to bed. Turn everything off except your alarm. One factor to have a good night sleep is to not have any distraction – whether those are lights, notification, sounds or any interruptions. Using technology before going to bed will just increase the amount of stress you should be releasing.
- Family time. Before going to bed, it is important to spend time with your family. This may also be the time you can catch up with them. Watch your favorite show with them or talk about how your day went. You deserve to connect with your family after spending a day away from them.
- Pray. After one day of working and being alive, it is just to thank Him of all the blessings you have received. Take a minute to kneel and pray. Go through your day and tell Him all the wonderful things you had, people you met, situation you encountered, and the bountiful meals you had. Thank Him for the health of your family, and for bestowing another day. It is always best to end your day with a little prayer.
Follow my other articles/blogs in Gogagah, FoodFindsAsia, YoManila, and Pinoytrekker.