5 Reasons Why Hiking Should Be One of Your Hobbies
Ozzias T. Villaver, Jr., Ed. D. | VigorBuddy
Hiking is one of the most popular hobbies by men and women of all ages – young , adults, , and senior citizens or elders. Hikers, as they are called, provide themselves the necessary paraphernalia to protect themselves from the terrible heat of the sun and heavy rain, wearing proper hiking shoes, secure first aid medical kit, water, flashlight, etc. Hikers enjoy to explore, collect and classify information. Many find hiking with gusto and honor as well as excitement. Still, many do have their own reasons why they have the passion of hiking. Do you?
Here are the 5 reasons why hiking should be one of your hobbies.
- Get to relax. Hiking is good for relaxation. Alone or with a friend/s or group of hikers allow the hiker/s to take a break from the workplace. Somehow, this makes the hiker/s escape from the daily routine work in the office, home and other heavy endeavors. Here, watching the biodiversity in the mountain forests and the beautiful nature around give significant relief to the body, spirit, mind and soul.
- Family Activity. As a hobby, it encourages the whole family to go out together and discover the various views over the hiking trails of the mountain, forest, hill, flat areas and along the frequented winding paths of Such
- Opportunity for Interaction. Hiking is a chance to meet different people. Hikers enjoy this time to interrelate him/herself with old and new friends. Hiking gives enjoyment for hiker/s to make new friends. Hence it helps to build self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Skill Utilization. As a hobby, hiker/s can serve as a guide tour in the hiking trails. He or she can share his/her amazing experiences in the hiking trails as well as other beautiful sights of interests.
- Hiking is good exercise of the heart and lungs. Many young people, adult and senior citizens have chosen hiking as a means to obtain fresh charge of energy.
Hiking is getting to know more of oneself, admire nature and the graceful trails as well as the beautiful plants and towering trees of the forest. It is a hobby where you will always meet interesting people, happy and excited to be wondering nature itself.