4 Low-Calorie Recipe for Breakfast
By: Ana Margarita Olar| Vigorbuddy.com
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it is where you get your energy to start your day. But if you want to start it light, here’s some low-calorie recipe that you can try:
Low-Calorie Recipe # 1 Bread with poached eggs
8 large eggs
4 slices toasted bread
2 tsp. white vinegar
1 tbsp. and 1 tsp. cooking oil
Salt and pepper
1 cup assorted mushroom, sliced
1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
2 tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- Fill a deep pan with at least 3 inches of water and add vinegar. Let simmer.
- On another nonstick pan, heat 1 tsp. cooking oil and sauté tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. cooking oil in the same pan, sauté mushrooms, and thyme, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Crack 4 eggs into separate cups and then one at a time, and then slide in the boiling water cook for three minutes and remove from pan using a slotted spoon. Repeat procedure with the remaining eggs.
- Top each bread with eggs cooked tomatoes, mushrooms, and thyme. Sprinkle with cheese and chives.
Low-calorie recipe # 2: Oatmeal with yogurt and marmalade
Quick cook oatmeal or old fashioned oats
2 tbsp. low fat yogurt
2 tbsp. orange marmalade
Cook oatmeal according to package instructions, top with yogurt and orange marmalade. Consume immediately.
Low-Calorie Recipe # 3: Bagel and avocado
1 piece Sesame bagel
Half of an avocado
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Small radishes sliced thinly.
- Slice and toast the bagel.
- In a bowl mash the avocado and add lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Spread the avocado mixture on each bagel slice and top with sliced radishes.
Low-calorie recipe # 4: Mint-Pineapple oats
1 cup instant or old fashioned oatmeal
½ cup pineapple tidbits
1 tbsp. fresh mint leaves
1 tbsp. cinnamon sugar
2 tbsp. low fat milk
Cook oatmeal according to package instructions. Tops with pineapple, mint, drizzle with milk and finally, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
It is very important that we eat breakfast and it is also important to eat the right foods for breakfast. Breakfast provides the body with fuel after an overnight of fasting. Without breakfast, we have no fuel to face the day ahead of us. So try these easy, light and delicious breakfast recipes.